This website is protected by RSFirewall!, the firewall solution for Joomla!
  • 07813 035717

    Grandfather, 63, dies after catching Legionnaires’ disease while cleaning his terrace.


    • Stephen Clements, 63, from Cromer, inhaled toxic bacteria from stagnant water
    • His wife, Alison, 61, said: 'We had no idea that a garden hose could be so lethal'
    • North Norfolk District Council asked by Public Health England to investigate

    A widow has warned the public to be wary of their hose pipes after her husband died of Legionnaires' disease thought to have been contracted by working in the garden. Stephen Clements, a grandfather, from Cromer, Norfolk, inhaled toxic bacteria which had grown in stagnant water within the pipe.

    The 63-year-old died a week later at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on February 24.

    Credit : Daily Mail Online


    About The LRA Registers

    The LRA Registers are the central registers for the lodgement of Legionella Risk Assessments for domestic properties.

    Assessors/Landlords/Agents wishing to lodge assessments or list their service at this site should enquire about membership here.

    For landlord self assessments please visit

    Latest News